We are hiring!
We are in inviting applications for a postdoctoral position in embedded security and applied cryptography. The constrained nature of the low-power embedded world has created interesting research challenges. We need to implement and test and measure the result of our work using the FPGA platforms.
The candidate's primary research objectives are as follows:
- HW-accelerated implementations of post-quantum cryptography for constrained platforms
- Investigation of alternative cryptographic primitives to PQC key encapsulation and signature schemes with lower implementation overheads, suited for IoT
- Identification, design, and implementation of HW (cyber) security features for constrained embedded platforms for practically relevant security profiles, with an emphasis on design minimalism.
- Parameter selection for lattice-based schemes, both already deployed and perspective (e.g. NIST PQ candidates)
- Implementation of lattice-based schemes in hardware
The candidate will be a part of the research team and should be willing to assist the graduate students in their research and coordinate research activities between the team members.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer engineering or Computer Science
- Good background in applied cryptography and security
- Solid background in HW design and resource trade-offs
- Solid understanding of computer architecture, from hardware to operating system
- HDLs and FPGA development skills and experience is a must
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Phyton or C/C++
The interested candidates can apply by sending their CV, a brief research statement, and publication list contact information of three referees.
The starting date is negotiable (but ideally as soon as possible). The duration of the position is one year, with the possibility of an additional year extension.
Send the required documents by email to M. Mirhassani, Professor, Co-Director of SHIELD Automotive Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence, University of Windsor,
EMAIL: mitramir AT uwindsor DOT ca
For Industry Partnerships
SHIELD is collaborative and focused on industry ready and mobility critical projects and solutions. If you have a project or an idea you'd like to work on contact us via email by sending a brief description of your project and any proposed outcomes to SHIELD at uwindsor DOT ca and someone from our team will be in touch to set up a follow-up meeting.
For Students and Researchers
Motivated students are encouraged to apply to join us. The field of analog and mixed-signal integrated circuit design is an interesting and dynamic research area, as is the field of connected and autonomous vehicles covering the security and privacy of Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X).
Graduate admission: Please note that we receive a lot of emails regarding graduate admissions mostly from international students. However, only a select few will be picked and will be admitted to the research group.
We will try to reply back as soon as we can, but there are times that due to a busy schedule, applicants won't hear back from us for some time. Please keep your emails short and to the point, and do not send the same email repeatedly.
You can contact us via email by sending your resume and coverletter to SHIELD at uwindsor DOT ca.
For all other inquiries
Please fill out the webform below and someone from our team will get back to you.